Thursday, February 8, 2007

Saturday plans...

I'm hoping to go train with my good friend Alex this weekend. He's a shidoshi teacher at Sacramento Bujinkan Dojo.

John, one of my senior guys (who is up for Shodan soon), goes there regularly, so it's been fun to see how going to both classes (Alex's and mine) affect his progress. I am constantly amazed at how there's so much synergy between both our training topics and such! John is always telling me when something I teach is either similar or exactly on target with something he learned in Alex's class! I think one of the main reasons might have to do with the fact that Alex and I have known each other and trained with each other for many, many years. I still remember when he was very new and now, several Japan trips later, is shidoshi and running his own classes! I have been honored to see so many friends grow up in this art...

Last weekend, Alex had a sub covering for him because he was out for some reason. I've emailed him to confirm if he will be teaching this weekend. If he isn't, I may or may not go. But, my hope is that Alex will be back. I miss training with him and always look forward to new goodies to learn!

I'm still excited about going to Japan in June! Alex is one of the guys I'm going with, so I'm looking forward to chatting with him on Saturday about preparations for our trip. Oh, and our annual Hombu fees are due, so I will also take care of that business. We like to send in all our stuff together as one package - makes for easier and quicker processing. Converting money to yen is always a hassle, so doing it in bulk makes things run smoother.

We also need to talk about our upcoming seminar with Gojudan Dale Seago on March 10th. Dale is a great guy and the business end of the seminar he prefers to handle privately and informal. But, I'm a planner, so I want us to have a game plan to make sure he is taken care of.

So much to do! I hope to be able to get in some good training, too! :-)

No comments: